I actually moved the plants into the greenhouse nearly a week ago, but I am just now getting to posting pictures of the interior with the plants moved in.
I bought three wonderful shelving units from Aldi (discount grocery store) for a sale price that is less than half their normal going price. They come with 5 shelves each and I only need 3-4 shelves for each unit, since I have to allow room for the height of the plants. That left me with extra shelves, which I used to combine two units out of three kits! My remaining kit is on the opposite wall.
I configured the heights of the shelves to allow for special plants that have trellises attached or are taller and need more head room.
Then I spent a good deal of time on Friday and Saturday of last week, moving all my plants from the garage or inside the house into their new home in the greenhouse.
I still have quite a bit of rearranging to do and have not made the best use of my space. There are still some shelves that are empty, while there are a couple of plants sitting on the floor.
I’m sure I will be moving plants around quite a bit until I feel that everything is settled in place.
I also plan to hang a metal rod (which I have on hand) under the house eave, which will allow me to hang some hanging baskets in my greenhouse. I might also put some hooks on some of the rafters, to allow me to hang more plants over time. But we’ll just see what types of plants I end up acquiring in the future!
See other phases of the project here: